Mould Overmolding Producer
● The compatibility of TPE and hard rubber structural parts should be matched, the molecular solubility is close, and the compatibility of molecules is better;
● In the design, it is necessary to avoid sharp corners to ensure that the TPE is in good contact with the hard rubber parts and enhance the bonding effect;
● Use appropriate exhaust to avoid gas in the mold cavity;
● balance the thickness of the TPE with the expected tactile sensation;
● Maintain the temperature of the TPE melt to ensure the bonding effect.
● TPE material overmolding needs to be processed by baking to reduce the water mark on the surface of the product and obtain the uniform color of the surface;
● The selected colorant is compatible with the TPE and structural materials;
● Special treatment is required for the smooth surface, the purpose is to increase the bonding surface between the soft rubber and the hard rubber to enhance the bonding effect;
● TPE should have good fluidity. Because TPE has a small thickness to size ratio, TPE usually needs to flow through a long path and a thin wall to fill the mold.
● TPE flow length / product thickness ratio is less than 150:1;
● Use a good adhesive.